Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Introduction

Weclome to the blog created to document my progress in restoring a 1967 Mustang coupe. I purchased the vehicle a few months ago and am now in the middle of the first phase of my restoration plans. Before going forward with details on my plans and recent efforts, I'll provide the basic information on my Mustang.

My Mustang was built in Dearborn on 04/21/67 and was originally sold from Gregg-Simon Ford in San Marcos, Texas. My understanding is the vehicle was owned by essentially the same family since new but I've not confirmed this information. The car was originally equipped with the following options:
- 289-2V Engine
- 3 Speed Manual Transmission
- Lime Gold Paint
- Black Bench Seat
- 2.79 Open Rear Axle
- Rocker Panel Moulding
- Tinted Glass
- AM Radio

The car is far from rare as it has limited options and was painted in the most popular color in '67. The only unique option for this vehicle is the bench seat. It is unique in that only 4% of 1967 were ordered with a bench seat. However, this is one of those examples were rare does not make something more valuable, just more interesting.

No comments: