For a while, I watched the temp, oil, and a/f guages expecting something to go wrong. As the miles rolled by, my concern faded as everything went exceptionally well. In fact, there were no real problems at all.
I expected to have some trouble with the engine temperature. Despite the temperature outside reached 84 degrees and bumper to bumper traffic, the engine temperature never exceeded 180 degrees. I suspect the new alternator allows the electric fan to run faster at idle as I previously had some trouble with the temp increasing at stop lights or drive thru's.
The show was great and had more attendance than I've seen before. This year I did not put the Mustang in the show or run it in the autocross but I might in the future. However, this was a great chance to run the car and have a great road trip with my son.
As I drove, I did think of a few things that I could do to improve the Mustang for future trips. Some of them are small but if you don't document them and work to eliminate them, they will always be there. The ideas I jotted down include:
- Rattle above clutch pedal when the clutch is pressed.
- Front speakers are needed to hear the radio with the windows down
- Passenger window is a little hard for my son to roll down
- There are a few small holes in the firewall which need to be filled
- Rattle in driver side rear interior quarter panel
- Better way to fill with gas without any running out
- Need to confirm there is no oil usage
- Rattle on the driver side door pull
- A/F is a little high when in forth gear
- Speedo is off 4 mph at 70 (70 is really 74)
- Better driver side mirror??