Saturday, November 26, 2011

Random Projects

After my last experience working on the Mustang, I decided to take a few days off.  I also placed a few part orders and am at a standstill on some of the projects.  However, I decided to take care of a few small things today.

I started by building a new rear speaker deck for the Mustang.  The previous over installed 6 x 9 speakers by bending the openings in the rear deck larger.  I straightened the metal and made a new rear deck so the speakers would fit without altering the metal. 


I then installed my fuel line, cleaned out the trunk, put on a new set of license plates, installed the rear seats, seat belts, and window cranks.  I repainted an alternator bracket, center link, and engine crossmember.  Finally, I cleaned up and painted my water pump and it is ready for the motor when it is done.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Maybe I missed it but how did you install the flooring? Where did you purchase it from / what type did you select?

(Side note: I just finished reading from blog start to current post. Thanks for the documentation.)

Craig said...

The floor is a full Dynacorn floor pan. They are sold by the major Mustang vendors. I purchased mine from a local Mustang vendor so I would not need to pay shipping or worry about it being damaged in shipping.

The Dynacorn panel is almost exactly like the original floor. You drill out the spot welds holding in the original floor and drop in the new one. There is some work required to get the new piece to fit perfect but that is a given.