Saturday, November 19, 2011

Reinstalling Dash Components

I worked on reinstalling the dash components over the last few evenings and today.  I put the pedals, fresh air vent, wiper motor, pin switches, radio, glove box, ash tray, headlight switch, ignition switch, and all of the wiring.  I've even started on the dash trim and A/C vents but do not have all the hardware I need to finish the job.

I noticed today I never finished the wiring for the gauge cluster.  I'll need to work on this soon so it can be installed.  I'll then need to install the parking brake, wiper linkages, steering box, column, and steering wheel. 

I'd also like to make a rear deck out of MDF.  The openings for speakers in the metal are not large enough for the 6 x 9 speakers which were installed.  If I can space them up 1/2 an inch or so, they will fit much better.  I'm going to save this towards the end of the interior project.

No comments: