Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dash & Behind Dash Painted!

On Wednesday night, I checked the area behind the dash and the Rust Converter had done its job.  The rust had all turned a dark black color indicating it was neutralized.  I went ahead and painted the area behind the dash with Eastood's Rust Encapslator. 

Today, I painted the entire area behind the dash today with two additional coats of Krylon Satin Black.  The finished product looks much better than I expected when I started.  Once the paint dried, I installed the new plastic cowl hats.  The next step is to install the Dynamat Xtreme on the firewall to cut down on heat and noise.



I painted the face of the dash with the same Kyrlon Satin Black.  I then top coated it with a mist coat of Black Metallic from NPD.  The dash looks nice and I find it hard to stop myself from working all night to reassemble the dash.

No comments: