Sunday, November 6, 2011

Timeline to Start-Up!

I'm really ready to get the Mustang back running again.  I've about finished all the painting which is the final restoraton step.  The best part is installing all of your new or newly restored parts and watching it all come together.  I expect to finish around Christmas as there are so many weekend commitments and holidays coming up.

I took some time today to clean up the garage and the car a little today.  I swept up some, cleaned up some parts, and then wiped down the outside of the car.  Everything was so dirty and it is nice to start off the reinstallation of the parts with the clean work area.

I took out the brace which holds the pedals when I stripped the area under the dash.  I cleaned it up today and coated it with Rust Encapsulator.  I also removed the master cylinder which has rusted some since I installed it two years ago.  I cleaned it up, sprayed it with Rust Encapsulator, and then used some VHT cast colored engine paint to get it looking nice again.

I've the following to-do list to finish this project up:

- Install Cowl Hats
- Install Dynamat
- Paint Dashboard

- Install Gas Line

- Install Pedal Brace
- Install Master Cylinder
- Install Dash Wiring
- Connect Electric Fan
- Install Pedal Assembly
- Install Clutch & Throttle Linkage
- Install Gauge Cluster
- Install Steering Column and Wheel
- Finish Interior Installation

- Repaint Throttle Linkage
- Touch Up Engine Bay Paint
- Install Engine Mounts
- Reinstall Engine
- Install Transmission
- Install Driveshaft
- Install Exhaust
- Install Parking Brake

There are many, many small steps between all of these which need to be addressed.  I'm glad I don't expect to just get incredibly dirty or greasy for the remainder of this project.  I've come in covered in dirt and pieces of gound metal so many times.  It starts to get old after a while.

No comments: