Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Installation of Dynamat Extreme

Several years ago, I installed some Dynamat Extreme in my wife's car with excellent results.  In order to keep the interior a little quiter (and cooler) I decided to use some of the product in the Mustang.  My focus was primarily on the firewall.  With the all the underdash components removed, the job was straightforward.
 

The underdash and toe board area required about sixteen square foot of Dynamat.  I had four square foot remaining and a few rectangle scrap pieces of Dynamat.  I used the larger piece to cover the areas of floorboard above the mufflers.  The pieces cover from the edge of the framerail to the drive shaft tunnel which should be more than adequate.

I used the smaller rectangle scrap pieces in the rear floorboard area.  You don't actually have to cover the entire floorboard to hear the benefit.  While these sections are not much, I could tell a difference in the tone of tapping the floorboards.  The alternative was to throw them in the trash so why not.


 I'll wipe down the floor in the next day or two and put the carpet back in the Mustang.  It will be nice to have something a little soft to sit on as I reinstall all of the dash components.  Additionally, I'd just like to see the interior start to take shape again as the carpet was last in September 5th of last year!

No comments: