Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Purchase

I searched for a Mustang using eBay, newspaper ads, and CraigsList.com. I located my Mustang on January 5th, 2008, through a San Antonio CraigsList ad which stated the following:

67 Ford Mustang Coupe all original. Used mainly as a sunday car. Only had two owners. 289 with a two bar carb. 3 speed dual exhaust with headers. Interior in great condition, Motor in great condition, body in good condition only needs paint job. Selling to make room for future family.

There were no pictures of the vehicle included on the ad. The Mustang had a manual transmission so I responded requesting pictures and left town for the weekend. I returned that Sunday evening to pictures of a Mustang in good condition. I requested additional pictures and after receiving those on Monday, decided I would go to look at the Mustang the next day rather than wait and find it sold.

When I first looked over the car, I noticed it was originally Lime Gold which was not one of the colors I liked. Additionally, the Mustang was a little more rusted that I had hoped. I found the floorpans rusted along with one door and both rear quarters. However, it was a complete, original car with a manual transmission in running condition.

A deal was struck and I began the several hour trip home from San Antonio. I was concerned the entire time as I only had the signed title. The inspection had expired a year prior, the vehicle was not registered, and I had no insurance on the vehicle. If I were pulled over there would be no telling what would happen. The Mustang made the entire trip without any trouble.

The attached pictures are those I received by email when first evaluating the Mustang. I like them as they show the original condition of the Mustang. I could not help but start working on it when I made it home. As a result, the car began to look different very quickly.





No comments: