Saturday, January 26, 2019

Carburetor Adjusting Again 2

At the end of December, I decided to begin adjusting the jets on the carburetor as under acceleration the engine was very rich (10.5:1).  It was even rather rich at cruise but I don't recall the actual AFR.  

I ended up changing the front jets from 60's to 58's which is still 4 jet sizes over the as delivered setup.  Additionally, I had 69's in the back and I ended up with those same jets at the end which is also 4 jet sizes over the setup as delivered.  With this setup, my AFR was at 13.5:1 under hard acceleration and a little on the lean side at cruise (15:1).  The goal is to be at 12:5 under acceleration and around 14:1 at idle and at cruise.

I ordered a set of 70's for the rear and install them today.  This should increase the AFR under full acceleration but not impact the AFR at cruise.  If I need to, I'll adjust up the fronts to 59's which I will need to buy as I don't have them currently.  I figure I'll test this out before I start buying anything additional.  

Current jet sizes: 54, 56, 57, 58, 60, 62, 65, 67, 69, and 70.  

No comments: