Saturday, January 26, 2019

Preparing for Ford Nationals in Tulsa



My son and I decided to take a road trip in June to the Ford Nationals.  The trip is almost a 500 mile drive (one way) from my home which would be the farthest I've driven the Mustang.  I'd like to do a bit of maintenance to get the car in top condition and have been thinking of what needs to occur.  So far, I have the following list:

Lubricate U-Joints & Check Torque
Check Torque on Intake Manifold
Check Water Pump Bolt Torque
Fix Rattle by Clutch Pedal
Door Pull Knob Rattle
Replace Firewall Grommets
Fix Sqeaky Leaf Springs
Install Amp & Subwoofer
Insulate Fuel Line to Carb
Correct Air-Fuel Ratio (Fronts to 59)
Check for Leaks on AF Sensor
Headlight Relay Harness
Fan Shroud
Check Drive Shaft Length
Add Underlayment Pieces
Replace Reverse Lights
License Plate Light Grommet
Add Air Conditioning
Fix Anti-Freeze Leaks
Cowl Vent Block-Off Plate

I could find more along the way which needs to occur but I think this is a solid start.  In addition to these items, I need to drive the Mustang a considerable amount to ensure it is up to the task.  

No comments: