Sunday, February 3, 2019

Preparing for Ford Nationals - Reverse Light Install

Without carpet for the subwoofer box, there was little I as interested in working on today.  I did take a few moments to install my new Scott Drake reverse light kit (KIT-ELC-7).  As expected, it was easy and straightforward.

The main reason for the replacement was the quality of the rubber plugs as I don't want exhaust fumes in the car.  The stock housings were in bad shape and the lenses were very cloudy.  They were a good all around improvement despite being rather expensive.  

As I installed the lights, I compared them to the originals I removed.  The markings on the lenses are an exact match to the originals.  The housings and rubber gaskets look identical but have slightly different markings on the back.  



The lights came with two different screws to install the lenses and two sets of nuts to install the housing.  My stock lights had two different types used also and neither matched what came with the kit.  I just picked what I preferred and installed the lights.  I tested them and they are very bright which will work out well when backing up at night.


No comments: