Saturday, February 23, 2019

Preparing for Ford Nationals - New Door Panels & Handles

I purchased a set of TMI door panels and Scott Drake handles with a few gift cards I received at Christmas.  These were obviously not really necessary but I've wanted to replace them for a while to give the interior a nicer appearance.

The new door panels (on left below) look quite similar to the originals (on right below).  The grain of the vinyl looks exactly the same.  The only very slight variation from original is the lines in the panel look slightly different but not enough that anything short of a expert would notice.  


The Scott Drake handles were perfect.  I've really come to appreciate their products as they are always perfect.  The only issue I had with installing them were the screws which should work were too large for my vehicle (door locks and window cranks).  I ended up buying a decent set at Lowe's.


This is a quick look at the part numbers on the original handles in case I wanted to reference them in the future.  


This is a quick look at the finished product.  I've already replaced arm rests so this completes finishing up the front doors.  


No comments: