Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bending Brake Lines (Part 3)

I finished bending and flaring the brake line from the proportioning valve to the driver brake. This side was very difficult to complete. To be honest, I wasted four 30" brake lines attempting to complete this side. Based on my experience, I hope to avoid bending any additional brake lines in the future. This situation was unavoidable as the brake parts I selected did not allow for me to select a prebent kit.

The driver side required a little additional work to bend the line properly. Adding to the complexity, I was unable to flare the line correctly. I'm not certain if this is because of the type tool I used (it looks to be common style) or my lack of experience. Either way, the job is now done.

I removed all the lines and am storing them in the closet until the engine bay is painted. The only portion of the job remaining is to locate some brackets to hold down the brake lines. The factory style bracket is pictured below. There are bracket kits sold by Mustang part vendors but they are $15 for a couple of brackets. I'm still checking hardware and auto part stores for something which would work and be inexpensive.

No comments: