Monday, February 2, 2009

Equalizer Bar & Clutch Linkage Restoration (Part 2)

I called a local repair shop about welding the holes up in the equalizer bar this morning. They did not perform welding and directed me to Midas. After a quick call, I found they would weld up the holes for $10-$20. Since I'm without welding assistance, I decided to take them up on the price. It was a simple job so I hoped to get the $10 price.

I left the part with them at lunch and noticed a '67 Mustang in the parking lot. When I returned the counterman picked the part up from the shop area and asked me its purpose. I told him and he stated the '67 in the parking lot was his. We spoke for a few minutes and when I asked if it was $10 he said not to worry about it.

I thanked him and introduced myself. I found his name is Mario. I'll need to keep him in mind for future work.

02/14/09 Update: I finished drilling the new holes in the equalizer bar today. The holes are not perfect as it is difficult to drill perfectly straight and in the exact location of the original holes. It would no doubt be easier with a drill press but I only have a handheld drill. Regardless, the holes are better than the were originally.

I then finished by painting the equazlier bar the Kryler 1613 black.


No comments: