Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cleaning & Painting Steering Box Area

My steering box and the area around it are covered in grease and grime. This weekend, I'm working to completely clean and paint the steering box. Once the steering box is done, I hope to clean and paint the framerail under the steering box.

I cleaned the top of the box a little a few weeks ago. I was more passing time than working to completely clean it. The area I plan to address is shown in the picture below.



I managed to obtain a few pictures of the back of the steering box before starting. The part number on the box is C6ZR3550A and the date code is 7C7. This indicates this is the correct steering box for my Mustang.

There was a tag on top of the steering box which I recently removed. I cleaned it up with WD-40 and a piece of steel wool. Once the box is painted, I'll reinstall the tag.

No comments: