Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rebuilding Driver Door Hinges (Part 2)

I installed the lower hinge on the door yesterday morning. I opened/closed the door and the door no longer drops slightly when open. I then rolled up the window and was able to shut the door without the window contacting the quarter window.

I removed the upper hinge and rebuilt it in the same manner as the lower hinge. This hinge was easier to rebuild but took a little longer to strip the paint and rust from the hinge.

I installed the upper hinge this afternoon and adjusted the door. Oddly enough, once the top hinge was installed, the door started to sag again. I realigned the door and it now shuts properly. The body lines are not perfect and the door seems a little high. I would drop the whole door a little but I want to wait to see how the front fender lines up first.

Since the window now rolls up, I spent a little time cleaning up the dust which accumulated in the interior of the Mustang. I made a little cover for the cowl vent on the passenger side, installed the glovebox, installed the A/C parts I recently cleaned, and then put in the cluster I rebuilt in November. It was nice to see something go back together as it seems I'm aways taking things apart.

No comments: