Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've put about 35 miles on the Mustang in the past few days. Since I've not driven the Mustang in 10 months, it is difficult to compare it to how it drove originally. I remember the brakes pulled to the right but little more.

My alignment job works well as it drives in a straight line even under braking. The front suspension feels good and the car does not lean when in a corner. The car is still using the stock rear suspension without subframe connectors so there is a slight half-done feeling.

I've noticed at around 55 or 60 mpg the car begins to vibrate more than I remember. This could be an alignment or tire balance problem. I'm going to need to get it professionally aligned as some point and I'll see if that takes care of the problem.

It was a little cold Monday morning so I did not drive it to work. However, I picked it up at lunch time and drove it the remainder of the day.

I've started a list of little projects I can do on the Mustang when time allows. I don't plan on starting another big project until this winter or maybe later. I really want to just drive the Mustang and not worry about working on it. The little projects currently on my list include:
- Tighten Alternator Belt (Squeaks when cold)
- Tighten Lower Crossmember
- Fix Small Brake Leak (very small leak at combination valve)
- Paint Shock Tower Caps (paint chipped when installing)
- Rebuild Rear Brakes (driver cylinder leaks)
- Passenger Fender Bolt (lower bolt will not tighten)
- Check/Add Transmission Fluid
- Replace Spark Plug Wires

No comments: