Monday, December 28, 2009

Ordered New Rear Gears

I ordered new gears a few minutes ago from Summit Racing.

The gears are $189.95. I used $40 in Summit Bucks I received after purchasing the rear differential. Additionally, I received a gift from Summit and on the receipt was a code to redeem for another $20. Finally, I paid using PayPal which had $35.61 from recent eBay auctions for a final price of $94.34!

I decided on a gear ratio of 3.25. This will put me at 3,000 RPM when driving down the road at 70. This is high but is reasonable considering the amount I drive on the highway. These will also work with a T5 transmission if I ever upgrade.

I'm told this is a great rear ratio. This is suppose to be one of the best performance modifications you can perform. I look forward to the result but will likely wait a little while to install the gears.

No comments: