Sunday, December 27, 2009

Miller Regencye 250 Welder Connected

I received a Miller Regency 250 welder from my father earlier this year. I've been unable to use it as I needed a 220 outlet and some additional parts. I wired the 220 outlet on Monday of last week and picked up the wire feed box (S-22A) and the cabling this past weekend.

The wire feeder was not in very good condition. The 14 pin connecting plug was damaged such that it could not be connected. An extention was included for the 14 pin connector which was made out of standard electrical cord. I used this to create a 50' cable but it took at least an hour of reviewing wiring schematics for the unit.

There was an 1/8" of grease and grime in the bottom of the wire feed machine. I disassembled much of the box and cleaned up all of the components. I was able to test it out an everything seems to be working just fine. I hope to get better at welding over the next few months so I can replace the floorpans.

No comments: