Saturday, December 5, 2009

Replacing Intake Gaskets

Today I decided to remove the intake to fix the leaks. I was able to take the intake off fairly easily. I tried to slowly loosen the bolts so I would not warp the intake. I was surprised to find the back right bolt was not tight at all. I suppose these worked their way lose much as the intake bolts did. Regardless, I was able to remove the intake with no trouble.

The current gasket I originally installed still looks great. I posted on StangFix about using the same gasket again. It looks brand new but most suggested I go ahead and use a new one. This was the best idea. Once I started removing it, I found it was not sealed perfectly along the bottom. So much so I wondered if I could have had a leak into the lifter valley.

I decided to stop at this point as I had been working all day. Kimberly went shopping in Houston for the day so I was lucky the kids let me get this much work done. Since it was extremely cold, they did not even want to come outside and spent much of the day playing inside and watching TV.

No comments: