Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shocks and Ignitor II Installed

I installed the KYB shocks I received for my birthday. All the shocks I removed were in bad shape. They would not compress smoothly and did not rebound quickly.

Replacing the shocks gave me an opportunity to fix the shock tower caps. The paint on them chipped around the bolts when I installed them about a year ago. I sanded them down and put a lighter coat of paint on them so it would not chip.

I drove around the block after installing the shocks. The ride is improved when going over small bumps. When I hit a large bump, I still hear a loose bolt sound on the front driver side of the car. I checked the bolts this morning and cannot find a cause for the noise.

I also installed a new Petronix II. It took all of 10 minutes to install and will hopefully correct the issue with the engine dying randomly. I drove for about 20-30 minutes after replacing the parts and had no trouble.

2 comments:

James Bondo said...

Happy Birthday! KYB are great shocks.

Craig said...

Thanks James. I'm enjoying them so far.