Saturday, February 6, 2010

Exhaust Leak Repair & New Radio

I've mentioned previously the exhaust is welded solid from the header flanges to the tailpipes. In order to get the transmission out, I had to cut the passenger side exhaust pipe. I tried to put it back together with a patch piece and a few clamps from O'Reilly. This leaked horribly.

I received a set of band exhaust clamps from Summmit as a Christmas present. I installed on today. I had to put a little RTV along the clamp area so it would seal. Once tightened up, it looks nice and works great.

I hoped to have the new Alpine CD player installed by now but it has not arrived. I sent an email about the radio and the seller responded stated he had not mailed it yet! He did not realize I had paid. I ready to have it installed.

I switched back to the size 35 accelerator pump nozzle and the car runs much better. The timing curve changes paired with the new nozzle has fixed much of the hesitation.

I've not been able to get the car to die in the garage. I drove to the gas station today and it died on the way home. I was able to restart the car without any trouble. I drove it home and let it run for 10 minutes but it did not die again. I performed a baseline check on the coil voltage and it was at 11.2.

1 comment:

sandhiya said...

thanks for the great work man, i really enjoy reading your blog…so many great stuff…

Exhaust Repair