Sunday, June 26, 2011

Welding Abilities Improved Overnight!

I was reading a welding article last night in Hod Rod Magazine.  One section of the article discussed setting the polarity of your welder based on the wire used.  I immediately remember reading about the subject when I first purchased my welder and started welding without gas.  A few seconds later, I realized I've been welding with the wrong polarity.

Today, I setup the welder in the electrode positive configuration which is used with solid wire and gas.  I started welding on the floorboard with the new setting.  I can't believe how much better the welder works.  I get better penetration with much less to grind off. 

I've almost finished welding the passenger side of the floorboard to the rocker panel.  I need to stop for the day but now with the new settings have newfound motivation to finish the floor.

No comments: