Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Inner Fenderwell Restoration

I've spent near fifteen hours restoring the inner fenderwells, radiator support, and front fender aprons over the past two days. Less than an hour ago, I coated all the restored panels with Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator. There was very little rust but I'm using Rust Encapsulator for rust protection. I'll later top coat with their Extreme Chassis Black and Underhood Black paints.

Stripping the grime, undercoating, and paint from these areas was a large task. At first glance it might not seem like much surface area. However, the work is very slow moving. I used chemical paint stripper and a couple of fine wire wheels for the work. Needless to say, I'm glad this portion of the front suspension is complete. The next obstical will be the repair of two rust spots and filling of a few extra holes a previous owner put through the driver fender apron and radiator support. Since I do not know how to weld, I'll need to call in the help of someone else for assistance.

Pictures of the Mustang are included below. Note the condition of the cardboard now versus my last picture.






No comments: