Saturday, August 16, 2008

Power Steering Parts on eBay

I took the power steering components I purchased as part of a package deal and started cleaning them this afternoon. By the end of the day, I had all the parts cleaned and up for auction on eBay.

After listing everything on eBay, I searched all the 1967 Mustang parts. I found a power steering bracket similar to one I received as part of the package deal. The one I found was currently priced at $40! I never took a picture of it because it seemed insignificant. I intended to toss it in with one of the items already for auction on eBay. With little delay, I cleaned the braket and listed it on eBay also.

I've included a picture below of the power steering system. The guy I purchased the parts from did not seem to want to mess with cleaning it up. He gave the parts to me in a black plastic trash bag. They were disgusting as you can tell from the picture. The bracket I mentioned above is at the bottom right of the picture.


08/24/08 - The auctions ended for a total sell price of 196.65. This brings my suspension and disc brake package cost down to only a little over $500.

No comments: