Sunday, September 21, 2008

Refinishing Gas Pedal Assembly

I removed the master cylinder and brake lines for the front brake system today. The fittings were tight from 40 years of grim and surface rust. I was able to remove all but one line without damaging the fittings.

I also removed the clutch pedal rod and discovered the bushings were bad and the equalizer bar had begun to wear away at the bar. I'll likely purchase a new one but I could put another bushing on it and run in for a while as a new one is $20 at NPD.

I removed the gas pedal assembly and throttle bar from the firewall also. This cleaned up much of the first wall so I decided to refinish the gas pedal assembly. I stripped it down and painted it the semi-flat black as original. I'll put it away for installation in a few months.

No comments: