Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Apline TDA-7554 Died

I've owned a Alpine TDA-7554 radio for 13 years now. I've had the radio in three different vehicles and most recently the Mustang.

I went for a short drive this morning in the Mustang. I was driving along listening to Slow Ride and the radio just turned off. There was no strange noise or anything. I assumed a fuse blew or a wire came lose. When I came home, I checked all the wiring and everything was fine.

I removed the radio and wiring. I then bench tested the radio to ensure it was not a bad speaker or something causing it to turn off. I then opened it, removed the tape mechanism, and checked the circuit board for any fuses. Unfortunately, I had no luck with any of these attempts.

I've a changer which works with this radio but no use for it anymore. I would sell it on eBay but the only one out there is selling for $5.

I managed to take a new picture of the Mustang this weekend:

No comments: