Saturday, January 1, 2011

Underdash Wiring Restoraton (Part 2)

I started work on the underdash wiring today.

I started with cutting off the old fuse box. There are two constant circuits and two ignition circuits in the fuse box. Additionally, the dash illumination is passed through the fuse box for a total of five fuses.

The previous owner could not find the small tube fuse used for the dash illumination (notice it is the one in the middle which is smaller). To work around the problem, he just cut the wires from the back of the fuse box and put in his own in line fuse holder.



The first picture of the new fuse box I posted had a relay on the side. The relay took power from the constant side of the box and put it to the ignition side when small guage ignition wire received power. I took this off and used the stock contant and ignition feed from the ignition switch.



The work of splicing in the new fuse box was very straight forward. I went ahead and started refinishing the rest of the underdash wiring. I'm running new wiring for the radio, installing the alarm wiring, and running wires for the choke, tach, and fan. All the wiring is going to look as stock as possible as it will be in once loom.

I did not finish all the work today. I still have a little work to do at each end of the overall harness. However, the current state is shown in the following picture.

No comments: