Saturday, March 19, 2011

2011 Good Guys Spring Nationals

I did not spend any time working on the car this weekend. Instead, I went to the Good Guys Spring Nationals in Fort Worth. From what I understand, the show is normally held in late Summer and this is the first time they arranged for the show in early Spring.

There were about 1,500 cars, vendor displays, swap meet, and autocross racing. I spent Friday and Saturday there and think I saw about 70% of the cars. I love all types of cars but wish there were a few more Mustangs to give me ideas for mine.

This car had the perfect stance. The fender well of both the front and rear is 26" off the ground. The car has 18" rims which was a little surprising as I would have thought they would have looked too large. I still plan to go with 17" rims but should still be able to mimic the stance.



I've thought I would leave the corral off the front of my Mustang and just leave it blacked out. However, I saw the grill below and it is really nice looking. I don't know how it would look with the low key appearance of my car but I took a picture to keep it in mind.



Looking at all the muscle machines and pro-touring cars really got me to thinking about everything I would love to do to my car. Then I remembered it does not even have a floor. I guess I better get to work as I've been slacking off lately.

No comments: