Sunday, May 1, 2011

More Floor Preparation Updates

This weekend I did a little work on the Mustang.

I finished drilling all the holes in the floor pan which I'll use to plug weld it into place. I used a sanding disc on my ginder to clean up the drill holes on each side. You will notice in the picture I did not drill out holes for one of the front frame rails. I marked this one when test fitting but started worrying a little about how it might line up so I'll wait.


On the areas which will overlap other panels, I painted the sanded spots so there would not be any bare metal trapped between two pieces of metal. I coated these with Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator.

I then lightly sanded and used mineral spirits on all the areas in the Mustang which will be overlapped by the floor pan. I painted all these areas with Extreme Chassis Black. This is the best paint I have and should help if water or anything makes it way between the overlapped pieces of metal.

I plan to put another coat of Extreme Chassis Black inside the car. I am suppose to wait 24 hours before I put on the second coat. I'll then put on some seam sealer in a few areas. I should be able to do this all during the week. Althought this coming weekend is Mother's Day, I can lay for the floor in the car.

No comments: