Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Floor Installation Prep

I did a little more preparation work on the floor pan after work today. I only drilled more spot weld holes but it is better than nothing. It is amazing how quickly you can drain a cordless drill using a 3/8" bit. I've about 60 holes drilled now which is about 40% done.

The following pictures are of my blank canvas which will hopefully one day be a floor. I'm going to post on the Vintage Mustang Forum for tips on installing the floor. This is very different from anything I've done so far so I might be able to learn from a few others before I start. If I get good tips, I'll add them here.





I did not receive many responses on tips for the floor. The consensus was to start at the back of the floor. Use self tapping screws to hold everything in place while you weld it up. There was also someone who had large vice grips to hold it together. I'll probably try a combination of the two.

No comments: