Monday, April 11, 2011

Transmission Crossmember & Rear Seat Pan (Cont)

It took me a little longer to finish up the transmission crossmember and rear seat pan than I expected. The front cross member just needed a second coat of Rust Encapsulator. The area was not very rusty except for the two sleeves which the transmission supports go through. However, I like using the Rust Encapsulator as a primer and for added insurance. I'll coat this later with Extreme Chassis Black but I'm waiting on this for now.

There is were numerous holes on the driver side of the rear seat pan. I welded in a small square of metal to completely replace the section filled with holdes. I smoothed it out with a grinder and then put a little body filler on it. This is obviously not necessary but why not make it look nice and practice on areas like this. If you can't tell from the slight waviness, the holes were two the right of the seat belt mounting point.

This corner of the passenger side rear seat pan had several small holes. I ended up filling them with weld which I believe is a little unconventional. I then grinded it smooth. Since I had a little body filler still mixed up, I used it here also.

Remaining tasks until I install the floorboard:

- Create Tab for Sub-Frame Connector

- Strip and Paint from Frame Rails

- Strip and Paint Firewall

No comments: