Sunday, April 17, 2011

Subframe Connector Tabs & Other Random Tasks

I worked on the Mustang for a few hours yesterday.

I stripped some of the interior side of the firewall. The firewall was in really good condition and I did not have any surprises. I'm going to go ahead and coat what I've done with Rust Encapsulator. I don't plan to strip anymore and only stripped what I did as it was easier to do without the floor installed.

Once this work was done, I added tabs to the subframe connectors. I've mentioned this a few times and I'd be surprised if anyone could interpret what I mean. The following picture will help.


I'm using TinMan subframe connectors which are shown above on someone else's vehicle. You will notice there is a gap at the top of the connector. I made a flat piece of metal to attach which will seal up the gap. It is nothing special but something I would only be able to do while the floor is out.






I then welded one of the two parking brake brackets onto the bottom of my new floorpan. I need to media blast the other one (passenger side) as it is a little rust. Since I had the floorpan pulled out of the box, I started drilling holes for the plug welds. I'd test fit it a few weeks back and marked the location of all the panel overlaps while it was installed so I would know where to drill the spot welds.

The last thing I did was clean up the garage a little. Its been a few weeks since I last cleaned up the garage so it needed some work. I then called it a day.

No comments: