Sunday, December 4, 2011

Steering Column, Wiring Repair, and Underhood Prep Work

This past Wednesday, I received a new roll of friction tape in the mail from NPD.  I removed the under dash wiring harness from the car and cut all the told tape off to inspect the wiring.  The black/green wire which was damaged was only slightly damaged.  While it likely was not entirely necessary, I replaced a 10" section of the wire closest to the instrument cluster. 

I put the wiring harness in this weekend and replaced the bulbs in the dome light and tail lights.  I went through and tested everything and I have a functional horn, headlights parking lights, radio, brake lights.... in short, everything works.  I'll just need to install the gauges to finish off the interior.

I put a few coats of paint on the shock towers and then reinstalled the centerlink and crossmember in the engine bay.  I reconnected the idler arm, rebuilt steering box, and tie rods to the center link.  I then installed the column, handled the column wiring, and installed the new steering wheel.  Lastly, I put on the new turn signal and emergency flasher parts on the column.

The last thing I did today was paint the accelerator pedal linkage and installed it in the car.


No comments: