Sunday, December 18, 2011

Odds & Ends...

I really enjoy working on the Mustang in a clean garage.  Everything seems much more organized and as if it is going better.  I suppose it the obsessive compulsive side of me.

Anyway, I spent about half the weekend cleaning up the garage and the other half working on some random Mustang projects.  I painted the oil pan, block plate, water pump, water pump pulley, dipstick, and coil bracket.  Aside from the painting, I made a pin switch for the hood and mounted my alarm siren.

I ordered most of the remaining parts to complete the engine.  I'll need to check the proper push rod length with an adjustable push rod.  I'll then be able to order the proper size and some break in oil.  However, before I can do any of these things, I need the engine back from the machine shop.

I called about the engine last Tuesday and was told it was build decked.  I called again this Wednesday to check on things and was told the decking was done and it was "in line".  After waiting for him the elaborate, he said it could be done sometime this coming week.  I told him I had time off after Christmas and it would be great if it could be done next week. 

No comments: