Friday, December 23, 2011

Transmission Preparation & Parking Brake Work

Today, I drained all the fluid from the transmission while it is out of the car.  There was some discoloration to the oil which caught me off guard at first.  I then remembered using moly lube on all the parts.  This should account for the strange dark streaks in the oil.

I cleaned up the outside of the transmission and touched up any paint which was damaged during the undercarriage project or when removing the transmission.  It still looks as good as it did when I rebuilt it about two years ago.

I don't believe I've mentioned the replacement parking brake lines are too short.  They can't be connected together using the stock connector and then still reach the adjustment rod.  I purchased a longer adjustment rod from Mustangs Unlimited (as well as a new air cleaner for my K&N filter) and installed it today.

I lifted the rear of the Mustang and took off the wheels to make sure the drums are still adjusted perfectly.  I then adjusted the parking brake such that it works very well but is definitely fully disengaged when the handle is pushed in. 

I've still not heard back on my engine.  I'm hoping they call before I need to go back to work next Thursday.

No comments: