Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dash Restoration Complete!

Two weeks ago, I managed to break the lens on my AutoMeter oil pressure guage.  AutoMeter sent me a replacement lens about a week ago and I installed it last night.  I then connected all the wiring in preparation for installing the instrument cluster today.  The install was easy and the final product looks incredible.



With the interior complete, I'm running out of projects to complete without the engine.  I checked on it earlier this week and they had finished mocking up the motor to measure the deck.  They have taken it apart and are now going to mill the deck to get the pistons flush with the deck (zero deck). 

I decided to go ahead and work on installing my Flowmaster exhaust system.  The tailpipes hang from hangers connected where the original tow hooks are at on the rear frame rails.  I took off the tow hooks and installed those brackets.  I then removed the rear seat as there are brackets which connect through the back of the seat area and hold up the mufflers. 

Once the brackets were in place, I had to remove the shocks to get the tailpipes in place.  Everything fits excellent.  I went ahead and installed the DynoFlow mufflers and the H-pipe to make sure everything fit without any trouble.  I'm a little worried the exhaust is not going to be long enough to mate up to my short tube headers.  Unfortunately, I've no way to know for sure until the motor arrives. 

I worked on cleaning up the engine pullies, coil bracket, and block plate.  I'm ready to paint them but I'm not sure if I want to use the DupliColor 1606 or Plastikote 224 paint.  I'll probably look for some of the Plastikote tomorrow so I can try them both out to see which I like best. 

The last think I did was install my registration sticker which has been sitting around a while.  The one of the car expired almost a year ago.  I did not want to forget about it and I'm really getting close to having it in drivable condition.


 placed the registration sticker on the windshield today as the old one expired exactly a year ago. 

No comments: