Sunday, February 1, 2015

Goodguys Preparation - Small Maintenance Items

This weekend the weather ended up being rather nice despite a 60% chance of rain all weekend.  I spent some time a little earlier this week and this weekend taking care of a few loose ends.  I'm hopeful I can take care of a few of these lose ends and be in a position to drive it to the Goodguys show here in a little under two months.

The welding process after shortening the driveshaft was likely not good for the grease in the u-joints.  This weekend, I greased them until grease came out all the fittings.

There was a very small leak from the rear differential fill plug.  I tightened the fill plug and then cleaned off the differential while I was under the car.

I adjusted the driver side fender.  It is a replacement panel which wasn't fitting well and would occassionally make a pop noise when opening the door.  I was able to get that corrected.

The driver quarter window was out of adjustment and kept me from shutting the driver door with the window rolled up.  I was able to get the adjusted so the door can shut with the window up.

I installed a new piece of weatherstripping on the cowl.  This is to try to keep the engine smell out of the interior so my wife is willing to ride with me more often.  Might not work but worth $9.

Finally, I worked on the A/F ratio.  Changed the pump nozzle from a 37 to a 35.  I then adjusted the idle screws from 1.5 turns out to 1.75 turns out.  The A/F still jumps high shortly after flooring it but it is better.

I ordered a few things from Summit so I can take care of the following:
Change Oil (Fix Leak)
Front End Alignment (Need Adjusting Sleeves)
Coolant Leak
Adjust Sending Unit
Quiet Down Interior




No comments: