Saturday, March 7, 2020

New Rear Leaf Springs 3

I put on the 1" blocks on the rear suspension this morning.  Before driving, I quickly measured the passenger side and found it to be 26 1/8" which was about as expected as it was right about 27" before.  I then decided to go on a drive with the bolts just snug so it could settle.

While out, I completely filled the gas tank which was probably not the best decision for evaluating height changes.  When I returned, the passenger side was at 25 3/4" and the driver side was at 25 1/2".

Unfortunately, this means the driver side is back where it started at with the 4.5 mid eye springs.  That is a little surprising as that means the with the 1" blocks and a tank of gas that the driver side dropped 1.5 inches.  It is visible that one side is lower which is rather frustrating.  I keep throwing money at the problem but nothing sees to fix it.

I'm probably going to leave it for a bit now and come back to it later.  


No comments: