Saturday, June 10, 2023

HRPT Day 2 - Lake Charles to Mobile

We left Lake Charles at 8:30 this morning with plans to stop in Biloxi for BBQ.  The four hour drive passed without any troubles.  The air conditioner is working great and we had it on the entire trip.  We would sometimes reach 195 in slow traffic but otherwise cruised at 180 degrees.  

The passenger side rear tire would make contact with the fender lip in years past when hitting a large bump.  It has not occurred in any of my test driving but has now started happening on the driver side rear.  I suppose the axle shifted to the driver side or is actually centered as I never clearanced the driver side.  It isn't bad and I could pull the lowering blocks if I wanted and get another inch of clearance.  I'll see how things progress before doing anything to it.  At this point, it has happened five times over about 560 miles.

We at BBQ on the back porch of Fat Bottom BBQ overlooking the beach.  It was really good BBQ and a good reward for four solid hours of driving.  I've been driving with Croc's on which made it quite easy to get into the water to my knees for a few minutes.  I then took a picture of the car at a pull off near Beau Rivage.




After eating lunch, we had a one hour drive to the hotel just north of Mobile in Saraland.  Within an hour of arriving, there were really bad thunderstorms and rain.  After the rain, I checked and the passenger side floorboard was socked.  It seemed to be dripping off the AC box but strangely it was the carpet more than the floormat.  I'm not sure what all contributes to it but think the windshield must still be leaking but I can't imagine how.  My cowl cover was in place so it should not be leaking anywhere through that vent behind the hood.

As part of this trip, we are going to work to hit ten states in ten days.  We are three states in so far... Louisiana, Mississippi, and now Alabama.  Tomorrow, we add Florida and Georgia to the list.  We finished the day at 6103 miles.



No comments: