Monday, May 18, 2009

Floor Coating & General Update

I've been driving the car at least once each week and some on evenings/weekends. I'm now at 712.5 miles which is about 200 since I completed the front end restoration.

I noticed a noise from the back right which sounds like a bad wheel bearing. I need to repair it and wonder if it could be the cause of the louder hum sound when driving at highway speeds. I hesitate to repair it now because I wanted to wait until I reconditioned the rear axle and brakes. However, I don't think it will last that long without causing damage.

I'm in the middle of cleaning up the garage, painting the walls, and epoxy coating the floor. This project will take a couple of weeks to complete. I'll then be able to do the job without too much concern about getting grease, oil and brake fluid on the floor.

No comments: