Saturday, July 11, 2009

Performance Test II

I drove around alittle tonight and decided to run another 1/4 mile. I tried to stop the tire from spinning but ended up just slowing myself down. I ended up running a 17.5.

The same thing occurred with the top speed. I ran to 85 and it stopped short which might also play a role in the 17.5. I tried a second run and went to 80 but it only registered a top speed of around 69. I'll need to ask someone to follow me around a little tomorrow to make sure the speedometer is correct. I replaced the gear with the appropriate size but maybe the speedo itself is off.

I spent a little time cleaning up the stock 4v intake today. I can't help but think I should get some aftermarket piece and be done with it. However, I already have the stock one so I could easily install it without any trouble. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: I tested the speedometer today with my wife following me in my truck. At 30, the speedometer is about 2 MPH high (28 MPH). When going 70, she was only going 65. Seems the speedometer gear I purchased is not exactly the right one.

No comments: