Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cleaning A/C Components

I had a little time today to work on the Mustang. I decided to get a couple of A/C parts from the attic to start work on them.

The first piece I pulled was the center A/C duct. This directs air from the blower through the center vent and to the two side vents. It has a vacuum operated flap which is used to change the flow of air from the front vents to the defroster vents.
Replacement air ducts for the two side vents are available. I don't see replacement duct tube for the rectangle shaped piece which extends to the center vent. I'll check a Mustang forum to see if someone has a source for this piece before removing it as it is stapled to the plastic duct.

I tested this piece by starting the Mustang and connecting it to a vacuum source. It works properly but looks rough. I'll also post about a way to clean this up and possible treat the rubber inside to make sure it lasts a while.


No comments: