Thursday, December 25, 2008

Air Cleaner Stickers

The original air cleaner box for my Mustang is in the garage but is missing the snorkle. The piece is a sealed circular box with a single openning for air. It keeps the engine a little quieter but limits air flow. Since it is not complete and is somewhat limiting, I decided to go non-stock on its replacement.

I purchased a concours style air cleaner and filter for the car several months ago. In previous pictures, the air cleaner is visible with the standard 289 High Performance sticker. This is how the air cleaner appeared on 289 HiPo Mustangs.

The new stickers I'm using were selected as they identical to those on a '67 Shelby GT350. I like them as I remember these from the Shelby owned by my friends father. Additionally, they are not commonly used unlike the previous sytle which is used by everyone. These cost just a few dollars and make the engine a little different than the rest.


No comments: