Friday, December 26, 2008

Underhood Welding (Part 2)

I spent today cleaning up the welds in the engine compartment. I sanded them down with a 50 grit sanding disc on a right angle grinder. I then used USC All Metal filler to finish the welded areas so they are not visible at all. I then top coated them with Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator.

I was able to complete both of the shock towers, the firewall, and the radiator support. The area which still needs attention is the fender apron were the windshield washer reservior is mounted. I've grinded all the welds down and put on the USC All Metal. I'll come back in a couple of days, sand them down, and then top coat with Rust Encapsulator.

The area under the battery still needs a patch panel created. Once I have one created, I'll call Danny for some help with the welding.

No comments: