Monday, December 15, 2008

Radio Suppressor Restoration

If you recall, I media blasted the radio suppressor a little over a week ago. I primered the piece a few days after returning from visiting my parents. I then painted the piece with the same Duplicolor Slate Gray (T154) which I used on the washer nozzles.

The piece is original to the vehicle and contains the following on the end opposite the wire:
C6OA-18832-A Autolite 848

I'm told the suppressor was used to stop the spark plugs from interfering with the radio. New spark plugs have the suppressor built in so the piece is actually no longer needed. However, since it was original to the car and I figured I would reinstall the piece. It is mounted above the voltage regulator on the inner drivers side of the radiator support.

No comments: