Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cleaning Small Windshield Washer Parts

I media blasted the parts of the windshield washer system yesterday. I took the parts off shortly after buying the car because the windshield washer system did not work. I packed them up but with all the parts I've taken off don't want them to get lost. Since I'll be installing a new windshield washer system when the engine bay is finished and want them ready for installation.

The pieces were covered with black, red, and blue paint from the various times the part/car have been repainted. These parts were originally zinc plated. I primered them and painted them with a Duplicolor Slate Gray (T154). The color was nice with a little metallic flake in it. While not perfect it will work really well.

The 'T' for the washer lines is not original. Originally, a plastic splitter was used. It was mounted to the cowl on the drivers side with a small screw. The lines then ran along the cowl outside of the engine bay weather stripping. I already have the replacement lines and the correct 'T' so I will use them when the time to reinstall arrives.

Blasted installed parts:
Freshly Painted:

No comments: