Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Installation of New Rear Axle Bearings

I called a couple of local parts places yesterday in search of a rear wheel bearings. NAPA had the rear bearings in stock for $15 each. They also stocked the rear seals for $10 each but only had one in stock. I purchased what they had yesterday at lunch and they ordered another seal for me.

I checked two places for pricing on having the new bearings pressed on to my axles. The standard price was $75. After picking up the bearings yesterday at lunch, I went to a place only a few yards from the NAPA and dropped the axles and bearings off. I picked them up today at lunch time.

Once I got them home, I remembered I needed gaskets for each axle. I called the local parts places again but no one caries these items. NPD has them for $2 but I have to pay $8 for shipping which is a little wasteful. I'll probably piece together and NPD order and get the gaskets from them.

No comments: