Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What Next?

Since I finished the garage, I started to become interested in starting another project on the Mustang. Strangely enough, the water pump then decides to stop working. While this is an obvious starting point, I thought I would take a moment to evaluate my restoration plan.

The next area for restoration was going to be the toe boards, floorpans, and transmission. The only problem with this plan is that it requires that I know how to weld. I now have a welder but did not sign up for the class I wanted to take this Summer. I was recently promoted and can no longer fit it into my schedule. Unfortunately, I believe the course is only offered in June of each year.

It seems like any project of significance now requires welding to be done completely and properly. I could try to teach myself to weld but I'm afraid I would not be able to weld to my satisfaction to work on the car. No harm in trying but I guess I should start with the few remaining small items I have left to address. Those include:
- Water Pump
- Rear Wheel Bearings
- Wheel Alignment
- Paint Shock Tower Caps
- Fix Brake Leak
- Missing Fender Bolt

These are needed repairs or small items left from the last project. I suppose I can do one of them a week until they are done. I just hoped to do something of a little more significance.

No comments: