Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Purchase of G-Tech Equivalent (Passport GT1)

I checked eBay after work today and found a G-Tech unit for $40. I'd always heard of G-Tech but did not know much about its accuracy. After a few internet searches, I found out there are a number of performance meters like the G-Tech. As I read about then, I learned about the Passport GT1. The GT1 was new, cost only $28 ($9 shipping), and has more features than the G-Tech.

GT1 Features:
0-60 and 60-0 time
horsepower (avg and peak)
1/4 mile time and speed
1/8 mile time and speed
0-10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90
G force - acceleration, deceleration, right, and left

G-Tech Features:
0-60 time
60-0 feet
1/4 mile time and speed
horsepower
initial and constant G

I wish the GT1 had a 60-0 feet measurement but otherwise it beats the G-Tech. The GT1 also looks nicer and is made only 6 years ago compared to the G-Tech which was made 12 years ago. I've not seen a new G-Tech but this is a new GT1 still in the package.

For those who are not familiar, the GT1 is pictured below:


No comments: